Sunday 25 September 2016

Stitching slowly on Sunday!

Happy Sunday everyone!

I hope you are having a great day!
I have been finding some time to do a few sttiches each day on my decades of stars quilt!  I can't wait to roll the frame, it's getting close.  I get a three day weekend every week except I did work Saturday morning this week so I haven't done as much as I had planned.  

I am really enjoying this quilt now, even if there are missed points here and there it just shows me how I have grown as a quilter,  I am quilting this way different than if I had of quilted it when it was finished many years ago,  so therefore I am sort of happy it has become a UFO!

You can see the quilting that I have managed to do recently here and the photo below shows how much I have until the row is complete.




This was where I started at the start of the weekend and the photo below shows where I have ended so far.


Now I did manage to put a few stitches in this small quilt, once again I will try and do a short time each day on both quilts and it will not be long before I am shouting out they are finished.  Due to the nature of this post I will be linking with Kathys Slow Stitching Sunday today, take a look at all who are linking and say thanks to Kathy for hosting and check out her bow tie Quilt and where she is quilting it
Finally I am showing you my two quilts I have entered in the Fall Quilt Bloogers Festival 2016 at and I would appreciate if you could go over and nominate my quilts for viewers choice awardand then next week vote for your favourite quilt in each section.  There are lots of eye candy over there and I am sure the others would appreciate a visit to there blog.  You might even find some new bloggers to follow.

Lastly I would like to say many thanks for reading and I hope you have an awesome day!

I am working on a fun post for tomorrow with a collaboration of all of my hexagon quilts I have done during the last two years,

Until then,  have fun,

Wendy


8 comments:

  1. Such a pretty, dimensional design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen, that was the plan but I used the wrong colours for hubby to see it....hahaha

      Delete
  2. I love the way you are quilting those stars. It is very unique. What a pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathie, I am enjoying doing it. I had to think a bit different to take away from my bad and inaccurate piecing

      Delete
  3. Looking great Wendy! I was hoping to see a bit more of this quilt. Your quilting design is sure enhancing an already interesting quilt. A few stitches each day will get you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla, same as yours, maybe will finish around same time.

      Delete
  4. Your decades of stars is a good looking quilt! I hope you got lots done on it today. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I plan to this evening, it is middle of day Monday here so I should get a bit done. Also going to do some photos and share another blog post tonight on all my hexie quilts. Have a good night

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy