Sunday 13 April 2014

Quilting Waves into "Love Calms the Seas



Now that my storm at sea which is known as Love calms the seas is on the frame


Quilting could now commence, I managed to finish the border quilting yesterday 




It was time for some Sunday stitching to form the waves

I decided to do two rows of quilting approximately a 1/4" apart and then about and inch apart mimicking the curving which is formed within the pattern of the quilt.  I decided the waves of the green section would go one direction and the blue section would be quilted in the opposite direction, giving the illusion of a storm at sea.  The plan is to make the hearts which are embedded within the quilt pattern to be calm and still, hence the new name, "Love Calms the Seas"




  I hope you all have a wonderful slow stitching Sunday

 All the very best and have a wonderful week
                                                                             Wendy

16 comments:

  1. You Love Calms the Seas looks to be off to a wonderful beginning... this looks fun to quilt too! You get to enjoy the texture you are quilting in to the piecing you put so much time into as well! Thanks for sharing :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathi, yes this is a fun quilt and I am really enjoying adding my waves

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you joined up at Kathy's Slow Sunday Stitching, Wendy! I just LOVE your stitching pattern on your Love Calms the Seas! I'm afraid I won't be making much progress on my Storm at Sea as I'm trying desperately to get a king-sized top for our bed pieced before I start on an herringbone quilt for my daughter and son-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy I am glad I have joined in slow stitching Sunday also. I am sure you will enjoy quilting your storm at sea afternoon you have completed your current projects

      Delete
  3. Love how your quilting gives such depth to the quilt design! Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have linked to slow sewing Sunday, and I was hoping for the addition of depth and it is really working well and keeping my heart jumping for joy

      Delete
  4. Thank you Deb, most appreciative of your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I have been watching as this quilt got pieced on the FB group. I love what you are doing with the quilting. It really is emphasizing the pattern and will add a lot to the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carla, it seems to be coming alive the more I sit and quilt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe! You are hand quilting this, aren't you? I do a lot of hand quilting, but not sure I would have the patience for 1/4 inch apart!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I am hand quilting Carol, I don't think it needs patience as it is very therapeutic to hand quilt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Storm at Sea is one of my all-time favorite quilt patterns. Yours is spectacular! And hand quilting-no less!! What a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it has been fun and I know it will be treasured

      Delete
  10. Love the quilting on this one. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, my daughter loves it. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy