Sunday 24 July 2016

Slow and steady Sunday!

Happy Sunday to you all!

Well I have been away from blog land for a little while but thought I should share a few things I have been up to today and recently.   

Although today was cold it was fine enough for me to snap a photo of Gelati Stars for you all.  I am deciding how to quilt this, jet me know if I should hand or machine quilt it in the comments please. I'm really glad I decided to do this quilt as a mystery for you all to join with me.  It's certainly been lots of fun.  So many thanks for joining or following along. 


Recently I went shopping for a few new text fabrics for my glacier star, these will be used in my outer flying geese and sky units.  Below are the units that have been completed so far.  I'm really excited about this quilt top.  I have decided to do the extension borders. 





Today I finished bagging all of my fabrics into each of the lessons.  During the next few weeks I will prepare my papers and final pieces.  


I was lucky to spend some time with hubby over the weekend and had this gorgeous hazelnut, chocolate gateau to share over coffee.  Was delicious!

Now my final project today was a little bit of free motion quilting on my blossoming news quilt.   Tomorrow I plan to finish the las birder and to do the binding.  So if all goes well I will be able to reveal this quilt complete for you this week.



For all who are going to Melbourne Craft Fair I will be there on Thursday through to 
Saturday so if you see me or spot my quilts say hello or tag me in your photos will be great to meet some of you in person.  

But until then I have lots if things to complete and organise.  So I will keep focused and keep my eye on the prize and not be dismayed!

Keep creating and enjoy the colours you are given in life,

Wendy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy