Monday 11 July 2016

July BOM! Are your ready?

Hello everyone!

I hope you're all ready for this block, sorry it's a bit late.  You have had a mystery last month which has taken a little bit of time.  I still have to get a good photo of the top now that it's all together for you.

Now for the block!  This month we are doing a split 9 patch!

You will need two colours or two values.  I have only used two colours.  

So you will need to cut from each colour 
3 X 4 1/2" squares
3 X 4 7/8" triangles

This is what you will have once it is all cut out!
Then we will piece the triangles to make square units.  We can then sew the units into rows.  I have press the seams towards the full squares and not the triangle squares.

This is the block in rows ready to be sewn together!

And here is the block all sewn together!  One split nine patch.

I am behind in my hand piecing blocks but over the next couple of weeks these shall be all caught up.  How are you doing with your blocks?

Here are all of mine together, I am really loving how these are coming together.  

So be looking out for th next couple of blog posts I have some exciting things happening!  So u til then, take care and have fun with the Block of the Month!

Keep smiling and sewing,

Wendy.

2 comments:

  1. Wendy, might be a stupid question but how do you cut a 4 7/8ths triangle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cut a 4 7/8" square then cut in half diagonally. Cheers

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy