Saturday 25 June 2016

Another UFO finished! Whoop whoop!

Happy weekend to everyone!  Yay it's been a TGIF and onto Saturday!

I am pleased to have finished this UFO from 2013.  It has been fun to do but was put off as it wasn't for a particular date or occasion.  In fact this is going into the car as a spare Incase we are caught out somewhere and just need a quilt.
I decided this would be a great quilt to practice my free motion quilting on!  And yes it was.  Following is a few photos for you to look at.
Here is the finished quilt ready for binding.  I am sorry about the bad lighting, but we are experiencing some very horrible weather at the moment.  Hubby is building a quilt stand for me at the moment and I may have it for next weekend which will definitely help me take photos of my quilts!  Whoop whoop!
In my stash I found some binding which wasn't quite right for another project but perfect for this one.  So to the machine I go and on it goes with a decorative stitch!
Binding on!
See the decorative stitch I used!



And here it is hanging.  This quilt just needs a few ends tied in and it will then reside in the car!  This was done as a block of the month quilt with Facebook group 'Quilting'

I will be linking to Whoop whoop it's Friday!  and TGIF with whims and fancies  and I would so love to say thanks to the hosts for providing these links it's such fun and I am glad to link with you.    Don't forget to check everyone else's work out also!

Have a great weekend!

Wendy.






1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to keep a quilt in the car! Such a lovely quilt too. Great finish!

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I would love for you to say hello and share your thoughts on what you have just read or any suggestions you have for future posts or activities. Thanks Again.
Wendy